a.k.a. Chronokeeper's Wrath.
• 2013-01-31: Repainted hair with smudge tool; fixed bad muscle structures.
• 2013-02-04: Changed the planet to a sun-like star to match the lighting on the character; modified the facial detail a bit.
• 2013-02-16: Added fiery particles on top.
This is my daily brainstorm which totally subverts the traditional depiction of Father Time. I'm aware that Zilean is a kinda outdated champion (released in April 2009), so even if Riot is making an Asura skin, it would probably be given to a more popular champion. But the more serious issue is that the design itself is a far cry from the classic Zilean which means nearly redoing the model, texture and motion from scratch. Although Riot can remove those 4 extra arms to make the motion work much easier.
Anyway the concepts behind this skin suggestion is that like the other Asura from the CXpcXm game, they both have bristle hair (Darius and Draven are grinning). Similar to many traditional Asura arts and statues, they usually have something round attached on their back. Lastly but not least, Zilean and Asura are both mythic figures and suffering some sort of karmic punishment.
• Time Bomb (Q): a small bronze Asura ring slowly spins CW above the recipient. The ring is increasingly glowing red-hot with sizzling sparkles. When the countdown is finished (or executed instantly due to another bomb placement on the same recipient), a meteorite drops to the recipient in the blink of an eye, breaking itself and the ring. The debris of both ring and meteorite scatter within the AoE of the skill, damaging the enemies.
• Rewind (W): a small blue Asura ring spins CCW above Zilean. A bead from Asura Zilean's necklace travels from the rim of the ring spirally towards the center of the ring CW.
• Time Warp (E):
• • on ally or self: 5 glowing golden beads spin outward CW and accelerate.
• • on enemy: 3 dully red beads spin inward CCW and decelerate.
• Chrono Shift (R / Ultimate): a big glowing golden Asura ring encircles the recipient (about the abdomen position like Lulu's ult) and spins CW slowly during its effect. When the recipient is slain, the ring breaks into shards and flutter midair (not crumbling into the ground nor disappearing instantly), then 4 beads spin CCW from ground to top around an imaginary sphere during the reviving process/invincible status. Just before the recipient is revived, the shards of the ring clump together at the center of the recipient. Finally a ray glows, signifies the completion of the revival.
New joke and taunt:
• "Time flies like an arrow, and I am always ahead of it."
(Not really a joke I know...)
• "I have seen your death, it's nothing comparable to my eternal suffering."
(Not really a taunt either...)
• "I don't usually fail in a quick time event... But when I do, I ult myself instantly so I can retry."
• "Foreseeing the future does not allow you to escape your inevitable death."
(P.S. The Chinese joke makes reference to Doraemon's time machine because the "fruit flies-banana" joke is untranslatable.)
• Original sketch
• Post in official LoL NA forum
• "Zilean" in this derivative work is the property of Riot Games.